Thursday 3 February 2011

An old lady in a chair (part one)

In my cake decorating class at the moment we are working on a cake over a few lessons. It is going to be an old lady sitting in an armchair.
As we are working on it over a number of lessons we chose to bake a fruit cake as this is still edible after a while whereas sponge cakes should be eaten on the day they are baked if possible.
I started with a 5 inch square and 2 1/2 inch deep cake.
I cut it down and pieced it together to achieve the armchair shape.
I covered it in marzipan and then the fondant icing....

I used a number of tools to achieve the decoration on the chair, the star tip tool, crimpers, stitch wheel etc.
On Monday we will be creating the lady to sit in the chair.... she is going to have a blue dress, a white cardigan and slippers. I think if I can do it she will be knitting as well!! But you'll have to wait and see...

No comments:

Post a Comment