Thursday 6 January 2011

Cakes for the gallery!

I find that chocolate cakes can be really dry sometimes so I wanted to try a recipe from the Primrose Bakery cookbook for Chocolate Cupcakes and Chocolate Buttercream....

As you can see here they turned out pretty well. I piped my buttercream on rather than using a palette knife as it suggests in the book as I think they give that classic cupcake look!


I took my batch of cupcakes to work and came home with an empty box, lots of lovely comments and a smile on my face! Thanks to all at the gallery for being my taste testers!

1 comment:

  1. they look great abbie! i hope they were as moist and delicious as they look. i got a good book for xmas, it's called baking magic http://www.amazon.co.uk/Baking-Magic-Kate-Shirazi/dp/186205889X and so far i have made peanut butter muffins and they were perfect! just waiting a few days before i make anything else otherwise i'll be too full xxx

    ReplyDelete