Sunday 11 March 2012

Stack of books cake

It was my sisters 21st birthdy this week and so I wanted to make her an amazing cake to celebrate. I had three ideas to start with; a teapot, a bird with bird house and a stack of books. I decided to go with the stack of books because she studies English Literature at university, loves to read and is currently writing a novel.
I asked her for the titles of her top 3 favourite books and the title of her own book and then set to work planning the cake.
To make the cakes looked good but also one cake wasn't one giant block I planned it so that it was one block of cake disguised as two books on top of another block of cakes, also two books.
I painted the covered board with colour paste to get a wood grain effect and then added the yellow post it note and stickers.
I was pleased with the end result (as was my sister) as I had never attempted a tiered cake before this one but I am a perfectionist so there will always be bits I could have improved.




No comments:

Post a Comment